LocalView Fusion version 4.1 is now officially certified against ArcGIS for Server 10.1.
During our testing we identified a 10.1 specific issue in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex template and to fix it we have released a new 10.1 compatible version (of the template only). While fixing the problem we also made a few other changes, in particular we upgraded it to use the latest version of the generic Esri Flex application, and this delivers some new functionality, in particular the long-overdue Identify Tool. The release notes contain full details of other additions.
During the testing we also identified a couple of bugs in Web Publisher and Navigator, which weren't 10.1 specific, so we opted to create fixes for these too.
- Version 4.1 of LocalView Fusion is compatible with ArcGIS for Server 10.1. However, if you are using the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex template you must upgrade to the new version which is available for download now.
- There are bug fix releases of Web Publisher and Navigator available to download now.
- I'd strongly encourage all users who have the Flex, Web Publisher or Navigator templates to take the latest versions. All of the new template releases WILL work with versions 10.1, 10.0 and 9.3.1 of ArcGIS for Server.
The latest templates are available on the customer FTP site (you will receive an email shortly with the connection information, alternatively, contact the Esri UK support desk for the details).
If you are upgrading to 10.1, another consideration is your LocatorHub software. LocatorHub is the software that LocalView Fusion uses to do all of its gazetteering and address searching. As well as address searching LocatorHub can do some clever things with maps such as:
- Searching for specific map features based on their attributes
- Automatic co-ordinate conversion, meaning you can use a BNG address dataset to zoom to the correct location of a WGS84 or other lat/long map service.
If you're using LocatorHub to do either of these things, you will need to upgrade to LocatorHub 5.0 at the same time as upgrading to 10.1. As ever, if you have concerns about this, contact your Customer Success Manager or our support desk (or indeed, write a comment on this blog post).
I'll be writing another post soon about some of the changes in LocatorHub 5.0 that may be of interest to LocalView Fusion users.