The ArcGIS Pro 2.0 release is just a few days away and we want to share important information with you before you install.
The licensing options for ArcGIS Pro 2.0 are as follows:
- Named User via ArcGIS Online
- Named User via Portal for ArcGIS
- Single Use
- Concurrent Use
Here’s what you need to know before installing ArcGIS Pro 2.0
If you license ArcGIS Pro by Named User via ArcGIS Online or by Single Use, you can proceed to upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.0. There are no additional steps to perform.
If you license ArcGIS Pro by Concurrent Use or Named User via Portal for ArcGIS, you must upgrade the ArcGIS License Manager to version 10.5.1 before upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.0.
To upgrade your license manager, please contact your organisation’s system administrator, or follow these simple steps:
- Log into the computer as a user with administrative privileges.
- Log into MyEsri and go to My Organisations > Downloads. Search for “License Manager” and click “View Downloads” beside the ArcGIS License Manager product.
- Download the appropriate license manager platform your organisation uses. The license manager will download and run the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade your licence manager. You do not need to uninstall previous versions from 10.1 upwards.
The ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 is backwards compatible with previous versions of ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap so you can upgrade this before upgrading Pro without interrupting your current users.
Details about managing ArcGIS Pro licenses are available in the ArcGIS Pro Online Help.