Here in Technical Support, a common query we often get is about Productivity Suite 2.0 and the way the software has been installed. Users may comment that they are unable to use a specific tool within the extension, whilst another user, on the same machine, can use the tool without a problem. This is because the software has only been installed to a specific User Profile, and not the All Users Profile.
This issue may be easily identified by receiving an error message that lists many .dll files as not available, e.g.:
Directory path: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\bin
- 3dAnalystUtil.dll Version not available
- 3DSymbols.dll Version not available
- 3DSymbolsLib.dll Version not available
The following procedure describes how to install Productivity Suite 2.0 to the All Users Profile (NB You will need to be logged in as an administrator with full admin rights to the machine):
- Uninstall the current installation of Productivity Suite
- Open Command Prompt and change to the directory containing the .msi installer
- Enter the following command to install Productivity Suite 2.0 to the All Users Profile:
MSIEXEC /i ProductivitySuiteVersion.msi ALLUSERS=1 /qb
The application should be successfully installed to the All Users Profile. Once successfully installed, the latest Service Pack should be applied, which can be downloaded from:
NB This issue affects only Productivity Suite 2.0. The Productivity Suite 2.1 installer now has an option to install to either the Current User or All Users of the machine.